Now you can purchase a home and assemble it yourself (with their help) for a mere $86,000.
The good news is, I don't think there are 1,000 screws and meticulous instructions. According to IKEA, you can pretty much slap this thing together faster than a double wide.
The house can be delivered to your empty lot by a semi-truck in one or two big pieces. It arrives already constructed and partially furnished, with an IKEA bedroom, kitchen and bathroom installed. "It's your own personal euro designer flat...
![]() |
| This rendering isn't too impressive. |
![]() | ||||||
| However, I would totally enjoy that living room. I'd just never want to look at the front of my house. |
I just wonder if this home can withstand the elements. No, not a tornado. We all know that tornadoes can demolish any structure and have a love for mobile/ready-made homes. I'm more concerned with rain, snow, etc. I just question how fiberboard will hold up.
So, if you've got a plot of land lying around go ahead and get one of these delivered to you. Nothing says convenience like a pre-assembled home.



No comments:
Post a Comment